HomeBrew problems after upgrading to MacOS Sierra
Posted on 2016/10/24
Headed into my HomeBrew installation this morning to upgrade a few packages, but noticed that it just did not work on Sierra.
After a while of trying to upgrade the install, I ended up just doing the install from http://brew.sh/ again.
So this command:
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
After which Homebrew worked like a charm, then while updating I noticed that all my packages have not be linked anymore.
So I found this command to run that will unlink all the packages in one shot:
brew list -1 | while read line; do brew unlink $line; brew unlink $line; done
And this command that will link them all again with one command:
brew list -1 | while read line; do brew link $line; brew link $line; done
After which I was able to run
brew upgrade again :), enjoy!
Joseph Hurtado reported back in the comments that he still had an ownership issue where he still needed to run the following command:
sudo chown -R $(whoami) /usr/local/opt
In case anyone runs into something similar.
What's currently keeping me busy
Testing and keeping websites safe
Tech/product of new incubating startups
Advocate and educate on the Google Cloud
Easy prescribed book management
Loadshedding being constantly updated and watched
Secret management for PAAS
National microchip database
Youtube channel of edited meetup talks
Gaming Youtube Channel